Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Review
When you want to get your first tablet, or want to move to an Android device, the options are really similar across the board. But Lenovo decided that it can become a little boring to just design another standard flat tablet.
They have come out with the Yoga Tab 3 10, in a shiny aluminum casing and with an integrated kickstand. But will this Lenovo win you over by being a little different? We are here to help you make the decision easily.
In this review we will cover the features of this device, we will take a closer look at the good and bad of this tablet, and finally give you our verdict.
The Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 has a 10 inch HD IPS display and it has a 180 x 800 pixel resolution. It comes with Android 5.1 as an operating system and has a Quad core 1.3 GhZ processor with 1 GB of RAM. It also comes with an 8 Megapixel rear camera that you can rotate to use in different directions.
You can enjoy the sound with stereo speakers or use the audio jack to link your own accessories. It also has a different design from other standard tablets and like we mentioned, it has a kickstand. This about covers the main features. Now, let’s take a look at the good and bad features of this tablet.
- It has a 10 inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280x 800 pixels
- It operates with Android 5.1 Lollipop
- It comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8009 / MSM8909 battery
- It has a Quad Core 1.3GhZ Processor
- It comes with a micro-SDHC card reader for additional memory
- It has 16 GB of Flash memory
- Is has 1 GB RAM
- It has a 8 Megapixel 180 degree rotatable rear camera
- It has 802.11bgn wireless
- It has an average battery life of about 18 hours
- It uses a 10200mAh lithium ion battery
- It has stereo speakers and an audio jack
- It has a micro USB port
- It has an integrated kickstand
- Dimensions: 0.3 x 10 x 7.5 inches (7.6 x 254 x 190.5 mm )
- Weight: 1.4 pounds (0.63 kg)
- It is very well priced and offers good value for money
- It is comfortable to hold because of the rubberized cover on the back
- The screen has a high resolution and crisp image
- The kickstand makes it very comfortable to use for watching videos
- The rotating camera is high quality and takes great pictures
- It has excellent sound quality
- The camera rotation is very fluid
- The battery has a long run time
- It is well suited to work based applications like spreadsheets and texts
- The GPS is reliable and quite accurate
- The input response is quick and accurate
- The tablet does not heat up during use
- The battery is not removable
- It is a tablet with more weight than other similar devices
- There is some lag on high resolution games and apps
- It has a very short charging cable
- It lags when you operate apps while downloading
- It is not very durable
- The integrated keyboard design could be better
- The screen is highly reflective and not suited to outdoor use
- It does not have a strong graphics card
This Lenovo Yoga 3 is a device that will keep sport fans and Netflix addicts equally happy. The 10 inch screen is clear and crisp with true to life color. It also comes with excellent sound, so you can enjoy the next game or your favorite series comfortably and in really good quality.
Its camera is one of the best features. The rotation is very fluid and it offers high quality images with sharp color. When it comes to sound this tablet also performs very well for its price range.
The stereo speakers offer good range and clear sound, but you can easily add your own accessories as well. It has good battery life. This is great news if you binge series or follow sport events live. The input is fast and accurate and the screen comes with good sensitivity to input. If you need the GPS you can rest assured that it is accurate and reliable.
When it comes to the negative side of this tablet, it is in the performance category where it needs to improve a bit. It really does not do well with gaming, it can lag and does not like to multitask. If you download while apps are open it will struggle.
It is also quite a bit heavier than most other tablets (but the kickstand does add some of the weight). The battery is also not removable or easily replaceable, this is frustrating because the battery can have issues with durability. If you like to have a little mobility while you charge your device, the short cable will also annoy you.
The keyboard function requires you to switch between letter and number functions that causes unnecessary delays. The brightness and contrast on the screen is very good, but it won’t hold up with outdoor use.
The combination of direct sunlight and the reflective screen will not allow you to see much of anything. Now that we have weighed up the good, the bad and the ugly, we can give you our verdict.
This is a good entry level tablet. But it will be important that you know why you are buying your tablet. If you buy something that fits your needs and expectations it will add to your appreciation of its performance.
But if you expect this Lenovo Tablet to perform like a top end gaming laptop it will disappoint you. Keep in mind this tablet is designed to be affordable and easy to use.
It is really well suited to everyday use, especially in terms of entertainment, like web browsing, reading texts or streaming videos. It is not really a gaming tablet, so the gamers among you will need to look for something a little different.
On the other hand, if you need a good entry level tablet to use at the office or in your home, (while keeping your budget in check) this Lenovo Yoga 3 is a great choice.