Best Tablet for Reading
Tablets are among the most popular gadgets of this generation. They are easily portable and the larger screen, compared to mobile phones, make them more enjoyable to watch videos, play games, surf web, work on office documents, and read.
At present, there are tablets specifically designed for reading. The main reason of their growing popularity is the lightweight design that makes them easier to travel with. Although the major purpose of reading tablets is reading, they are multi-purposeful devices that can be used to connect to the web, play games and much more.
Choosing a single tablet for reading among hundreds available on the market is not an easy task, which is why we have prepared a list of some praiseworthy products.
The tablet from Fire comes with a beautiful 7” IPS display. It runs on 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, equipped with Fire OS 5. The device comes with 8 GB of internal storage, which can be expanded by adding a micro SD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage. The product features all new Amazon Underground, where you can access over $10,000 in apps, games and even in-app items for free.
You can easily access your contents and apps with the updated user interface and personalized recommendations make it easier to discover new features.
- Apart from the micro SD card slot to expand your storage space, you have also got free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices.
- You can continuously surf, read, and watch movies for hours. The battery life is really good, at around 7 hours of non-stop use.
- It features dual cameras to stay connected with all your contacts via video calls, and take pictures on the go.
- It is a fun little device, which will provide you a great reading experience. However, it is not something to be considered a primary tablet for a techie adult.
The 7 inch tablet from Fire is absolutely amazing. You can read for hours and hours, play games, surf web, and use it as a remote control for your TV, digital cook book or anything else you can think of. This tablet is multi-purposeful and also quite durable. You won’t believe the amount of features and benefits you get with this device. It is fantastic value for money.
The new Kindle paperwhite is the upgrade to the former 6” Kindle Paperwhite tablet. The all-new device features higher resolution display at 300 ppi, and has been designed for faster reading with less eyestrain. The built-in adjustable light lets you read day and night. With this device, you can carry thousands of books and you are set for days, not hours, because of its high battery life.
- Kindle paperwhite is built for reading and just that, allowing you to create a sanctuary where you can lose yourself in a book. There aren’t any virtual distractions like with other tablets and phones.
- The smart Lookup feature works such that you can easily access the Dictionary, X-Ray and Wikipedia by simply tapping on the word.
- Bing translator pre-installed in the device allows you to easily translate any words or sentences into the language of your choice.
- The company claims the battery to last 6 weeks with half an hour of reading per day, but nobody just reads for half an hour, so it kind of feels like false advertising.
- If you want to simultaneously access social media or other features like in a normal tablet, this is not the device for you.
Kindle has taken the fantastic product and made it even better. This is truly an amazing device for all book lovers out there. Whether you are travelling, or just don’t have the time to search for paperback every other day, it is a must-have item for you. The company also offers you to try Kindle Unlimited free for 30 days, where you can choose from over 800k titles. It is expensive than the previous version, but it is worth every penny, and it will definitely bring out the book lover in you.
The 9” tablet from Barnes and Noble runs on 1.5 GHz Dual-Core processor, and features a full HD screen. The device is capable of 16 GB of internal memory and is highly responsive and smooth. The product comes with 90-day factory warranty.
With this device, you have access to more than 3 million book titles, NOOK Catalogs, HD Magazines, NOOK Video Store, App Store, Personalized NOOK Today, NOOK Scrapbook, NOOK IQ recommendations, Parental Controls, calendar and email syncing.
- The company claims the device to be able run for up to 10 hours on a full charge, so you don’t have to worry about the charge running low every time you need to start a book.
- The device is feather light, and the 9” HD touch screen makes it even more joyful.
- Be aware that a faulty product isn’t shipped to you, as there have been complaints about it quite often.
‘Barnes and Noble’ is popular for its reading tablets, and the NOOK HD+ offers just that. You have access to millions of books, and you can do much more than just read. The full HD resolution allows 1080p HD video playback, and it can be easily slipped inside a slim pocket. It is quite expensive, but reading on a 9” high resolution display is really satisfying.
Comparing the three products, Fire 7” tablet is the most inexpensive one. It is the best product in the list because it is almost half the price of other two, and offers an outstanding number of features. Another plus point is that you can also use it for social media, internet, gaming and much more.
However, if you are willing to spend some dough, and want something only for reading purposes so that you can create a peaceful sanctuary, Kindle Paperwhite is the one you want. It has been built specifically for the purpose. There is no chance of any distractions, and you have millions of books to choose from.
Barnes and Noble NOOK HD+ is an outstanding product in its own rights. It just seems slightly over priced when compared with the price and features offered by the other two. But, it’s got the biggest screen, and if the 9” full HD touch screen appeals to you, it can be a great buy.
Make sure that the product you choose fulfils all your requirements in a reading tablet.